Voting is held every year from January 1st until March 30th. Nominations are open beginning on July 1st of each year.
1. Nomination: candidates are nominated in a completely open process, i.e. anyone can nominate anyone for a particular award. Nominees must have widespread popularity (example: a song in regular rotation on the radio, etc.) For industry professionals, nominees must oversee artists/projects with widespread popularity.
2. Verification: The Awards Committee will verify each nomination for eligibility, and if necessary, move nominations to more appropriate award categories. The Awards Committee will also make further nominations if any eligible individuals have been inappropriately passed over. All nominations will be submitted through the website and all nominators will be sent an email to verify their email address.
3. The votes will be calculated so that the top 3 in each award category will go through to the Final Nominee List and final judging process.
4. Final Nominee List verification: The Final Nominee List will be verified by the Awards Committee in case of multiple third places. Either a short list of 4 will be allowed through, or the Awards Committee will have the power to remove a person/ project/company from the Final Nominee List. All Nominee Listed candidates will then be contacted to provide more details on the person, project or company – these will be contact details, credits and a 100 word testimonial.
5. Judging of finalists: The Final Nominee Lists will then be posted on the website for final voting. The final voting is completely open to the public for the PUBLIC categories. The INDUSTRY categories will be voted on by professionals within the music business through the website. Industry professionals will be required to use a business email address or provide proof of their profession to vote.
The Awards Committee will consist of:
3 producers, 3 engineers, 2 artist managers, 2 A&R executives, 2 artists and 2 radio promoters. A chairman of the judging panel(s) will be appointed.